Hello everyone. Today I am going to share with you how to make a tinted lip balm at home for this you will need,
- Leftover lipstick or colored lip balm
- Petroleum Jelly
- 1-2 drops of almond/coconut oil for extra moisturization (optional)
- Small container to store this mixture
- Take a small container and add petroleum jelly as per your requirement. Take your leftover lipstick or lip balm. For this DIY I am using my leftover strawberry lip balm.
- Add the leftover lip balm to the container also add 1-2 drops of almond/coconut oil to it. If you are using lipstick, gently cut the lipstick and extract whatever is left without staining anything around you. Avoid adding too much lipstick.
- Place the container in a bowl containing hot water or microwave the mixture for 30 seconds-2 minutes.
- After this step stir the mixture and cover it. Now let it set in a fridge for 6 minutes to cool down.
- Get the container out of the fridge and your tinted lip balm is ready to use.
- Make sure you don’t add anything you are allergic to or can make your lips dry and chapped.
- Don’t add eye-shadow or blush for color. Not all mica pigments are lip safe.
- Don’t use essential oil (tea tree oil, lavender oil, camphor oil etc) to your lip balm as they are not lip safe.
- Be careful when you take out the container from the microwave.
- Pocket friendly
- Utilizes leftover products and easy to make.
- Re-hydrates your lips. The oil nourishes your lips, colored lip balm/lipstick adds the color you want and petroleum jelly gives your lips a glossy finish.
- Easy to carry anywhere and everywhere.
I hope this post helped you and you will enjoy making your own tinted lip balm.
– Priyanka Lamba