Hello everyone, today I am going to talk about activated carbon as a beauty product. Basically I am going to review the Patanjali Activated Carbon Facial Foam.About Patanjali Activated Carbon Facial Foam,Though you may not associate carbon with healthy skin or skin-care products, activated carbon thoroughly cleans the skin by drawing oil, dirt and other harmful substances from clogged pores due to its high absorption power.
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION+ CLAIMS+ COMPOSITION+ USES+ HOW TO USE+ SHELF LIFE
- PRICE: Rs 60/- for 60 g
- TEXTURE: Very little quantity of the facewash is required to clean the face as it lathers well.
- INDIVIDUAL BENEFITS OF THE INGREDIENTS:
- ALOE VERA: Treats sunburn, moisturizes the skin, treats acne, fights aging etc. (BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA FOR SKIN)
- NEEM: Clears acne, scars, blackheads, pigmentation etc.
- MINT: Lends a cooling effect, soothes acne and scars.
- LEMON PEELS: Skin brightening properties, treats acne.
- HONEY: Honey is a natural antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention. (Honey for healthy skin) (DIY COFFEE SCRUB)
- VITAMIN A: Vitamin A works by normalizing skin functions so it corrects all skin conditions. Mostly used for acne and as anti-aging agent.
- VITAMIN E: Vitamin E is praised as an antioxidant. An antioxidant fights the production of free radicals and lends a healthy appearance to your skin, also reduces signs of aging.
- ZINC OXIDE: Zinc oxide is widely used for skin healing and UV protection (in sunscreens).
- ACTIVATED CARBON: Activated carbon thoroughly cleans the skin by drawing oil, dirt and other harmful substances from clogged pores due to it’s high absorption powers.
- I have been using this facewash for a couple of months now. It definitely does what it claims. I have oily and sensitive skin and it does remove all the oil and dirt leaving my face squeaky clean and fresh, full marks in this department.
- It does remove blackheads and whiteheads to an extent, not the deep-seated ones but the ones on the surface of the skin. Though it is not mentioned in the product description, but on doing a little research I found out that activated carbon is helpful in removing blackheads and whiteheads. I definitely have lesser blackheads now.
- It has a cooling effect (probably because of mint). I am not a fan of facewashes as they leave my skin dry and irritated, this facewash cleanses my skin plus doesn’t dry it out.
- Clogged pores are one of the root causes of acne. Obviously this facewash cleanses the pores so it does prevent pimples that are caused by clogged pores.
For other causes of acne and ways to prevent them check out my previous posts:
- Face Mapping: What your skin acne says about your health
- My skincare routine + General things to keep in mind for healthy skin
- Less chemicals as compared to other facewashes.
- Has a cooling effect plus leaves the face squeaky clean and keeps face oil free for a long time.
- Works well for normal to oily skin especially acne prone skin.
- Small quantity required to clean the whole face.
- Travel-friendly packaging plus pocket-friendly. Lasts long if used properly. I personally use it twice a day.
- Easily available online as well as at any Patanjali outlet near you.
- Not suitable for dry skin.
- Can dry out your skin if used in large quantity.
- Composition not mentioned clearly, especially the quantity of base materials used.
Overall it is a good product which I will definitely buy again.
I hope this post helped you, see you soon. Till then stay happy, be positive and live life to the fullest.
Follow me on:
Facebook : FunFashionFreedom