Hey all!!! Today I am going to discuss about the benefits of something which is found in every household, yes you guessed it right, it is our very own coconut oil.
Coconut oil has a multitude of health benefits, which include but are not limited to skincare. Here, I am going to discuss about the benefits of coconut oil for skin and hair plus how I use it.
COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN
- MASSAGE OIL: Rub coconut oil in your hands to warm it up and then use it as a body lotion. Best remedy for people with dry skin. You can also apply coconut oil on your body half an hour before taking a bath.
- LIP BALM: Coconut oil can also be used for dry cracked lips or you can also try this DIY LIP BALM.
- MAKEUP REMOVER: Using coconut oil for removing makeup will also give extra hydration to the skin. Using coconut oil for skin around the eye area will allow you to remove makeup without the fear of irritating your eyes.
- CLEANSING WITH COCONUT OIL: The double cleansing method is a natural, organic skincare solution for all skin types. In addition, coconut oil acts as an anti-bacterial shield and due to it’s lauric acid content coconut oil also tackles fungal infections. Getting right down to the basics, it is imperative that oil dissolves oil. WHAT I DO: Apply generous amount of coconut oil to your face and gently massage it to your skin. It removes dirt from the pores. It also helps getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads ( not in one use though). I wait for 10-15 minutes after applying coconut oil and then wash it with my carbon facewash .
- Coconut oil can reduce facial wrinkles and premature aging. Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate deep into the skin ensuring timely repair of the collagen layer.( a structured protein in the inner layers of the skin and keeps the skin elastic and smooth). Coconut oil keeps skin smooth and supple by promoting collagen formation.
- EYEBROWS: Apply coconut oil to your eyebrows using a Q-tip before going to sleep. Do this for regularly to achieve thicker eyebrows.
- NIGHT-CREAM: Keep your skin hydrated and repair it while you sleep by applying coconut oil gently on your face. If you are prone to acne or have oily skin, try adding a few drops of coconut oil to your moisturizer.
- UNDEREYE CREAM: Dab a little coconut oil on undereye bags and fine lines before going to sleep. It is light enough for the most delicate skin on your face.
- FOR CRACKED FEET: The crack in your feet will not only vanish, but your feet will becomes softer within a few days of applying it.
- OFFERS PROTECTION FROM SUNBURN: With SPF4, coconut oil may not keep you safe during a full day on beach, but it can protect you from solar radiation during brief periods out in the sun. Also, if you have been in the sun without any kind of sunscreen applying coconut oil immediately afterwards reduces the damage.
Make sure that coconut oil suits your skin as well as hair.
COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR
- HOT OIL TREATMENT FOR FASTER HAIR GROWTH: Warm the oil and apply it to your scalp and massage it for 5-10 minutes, also apply it to your ends ( this will take care of your split ends to an extent). Do this twice a week for a couple of months and you will observe visible hair growth.
- HAIR LOSS & DANDRUFF: Coconut oil reduces hairfall with regular application. REMEDY FOR DANDRUFF: Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and apply 1-2 times a week to get rid of dandruff.
- SPLIT ENDS: Apply a little coconut oil to your ends to avoid getting split ends.
- DRY HAIR: Coconut oil is the best oil for dry hair.
Hope this post helped you, stay tuned for more.
Follow me on: