Hey all!!! Hope you all are doing good. Today I am going to talk about the benefits of aloe vera for skin and how I use it. (Patanjali Saundarya Kesar Chandan Aloe Vera Gel Review)
Aloe vera is a major medicinal plant when it comes to treating and protecting the skin. The ancient egyptians called it the ‘plant of immortality’ and used it in many skin remedies because of it’s healing properties.
You can use any aloe vera gel which is available in the market (make sure it is of good quality and doesn’t contain chemicals) you can also use the natural aloe vera leaf if available. You can cut the leaf and remove the edges, split the leaf and use the gel as required. You can also extract this gel and store it in a clean container. Keep this container in a cool and dry place.
BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA
- ALOE VERA FOR ACNE TREATMENT: Aloe vera gel has wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties. You can apply aloe vera gel directly on the affected area to cure acne. 2 years back I applied natural aloe vera two times a day ( and wash it after 20 minutes) for a couple of months and I did notice a difference in my acne and marks. [Face Mapping: What your skin acne says about your health]
- ALOE VERA PREVENTS SKIN AGING: Aloe vera contains a lot of anti-oxidants that improve the natural firmness of the skin and keep the skin hydrated. It’s regular application improves skin’s elasticity and helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles associated with aging.
- ALOE VERA AS A MOISTURIZER: It is really beneficial for dry skin. Aloe vera keeps the skin hydrated and enhances it’s elasticity. It moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy look , so it is ideal for those having oily skin. Aloe vera helps to get rid of dead skin cells and provides a radiant glow to the skin. [Coconut oil: Benefits for skin & hair]
- ALOE VERA HEALS SKIN DISORDERS: Due to it’s anti-allergic properties, it can be used to treat various skin ailments such as eczema, psoriasis, itchy skin etc. It’s healing properties combined with anti-allergic properties make it helpful in treating blisters, insect bites and other allergic also.
- ALOE VERA CAN TREAT SUNBURNS: Aloe vera soothes the damaged area and lessens the inflammation and pain. It also serves as a protective shield for the skin and enables fast healing.
- ALOE VERA FOR SKIN PIGMENTATION AND MARKS: Regular usage can lessen the appearance of pigmentation, blemishes and marks on the skin.
HOW I USE ALOE VERA
- I massage aloe vera gel on my face for 3-4 minutes and apply a layer of it before I go to sleep. I wash it off with water the next day. [My skincare routine + General things to keep in mind for healthy skin]
- One can also apply aloe vera gel on blemishes and marks and massage it for 5-7 minutes.
- Sometimes I also apply aloe vera gel 20-30 minutes before I wash my face.
- At night I apply aloe vera gel on my feet and hands to moisturize them.
- Sometimes I also apply them on my arms, feet and neck (areas exposed to the sun) before going out.
- Aloe vera cures the damage caused by sun’s rays, one can also call it an after-sun treatment.
- In the evening when I return home I wash my face with my carbon facewash and immediately apply aloe vera gel. [Activated Carbon: Is it worth all the hype ]
Aloe vera gel has really helped me in clearing my skin out. Initially I used the natural aloe vera leaves but now a days I use aloe vera gel which also works fine. One has to be patient and regular in order to see the results.
I hope this post helped you. Wishing you all a very happy and safe diwali in advance. Hope to see you soon. Till then stay happy, be positive and live life to the fullest.
- DIY COFFEE SCRUB
- Honey for healthy skin
- Patanjali Apricot face scrub review
- The ultimate guide to stay healthy & beautiful
Follow me on: