Hola everyone!!! Hope you all are doing good.
A couple of months ago I saw a video which described how honey can be used to get clear skin.
Honey is loaded with nutrients, antioxidants and healing compounds (try using raw honey, which hasn’t been heat-treated or pasteurized).
BENEFITS OF HONEY FOR SKIN
- MOISTURIZES SKIN: Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the air to the skin and ensures that it is retained in the layers where it is needed the most for long lasting hydration.
- PORE CLEANSER: The enzymes in raw honey clarify skin and cleanses the pores. Plus, the antibacterial properties of honey prevent bacterial buildup that can lead to skin imbalances and breakouts.
- FADES SCARS: Honey is said to lighten skin, and it’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help to decrease the appearance of scars and increase healing and tissue regeneration with regular use.
- ACNE TREATMENT: Honey contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that thwart bacteria that can lead to breakouts. It’s anti-inflammatory properties will calm redness and irritation. (Face Mapping: What your skin acne says about your health)
- EXFOLIATOR: DIY COFFEE SCRUB
There are many more benefits of honey but I have mentioned only those benefits that I have seen for myself.
HOW I USE HONEY
- Sometimes I use honey as a face-wash. I apply it on my face and massage gently in circular motion to cleanse the pores and remove dirt. I keep it for a few minutes and wash it off.You can also wet your face a little for easy application. One can also add a few drops of lemon juice to this if it does not irritate your skin. (My skincare routine + General things to keep in mind for healthy skin)
- One can also apply it as a face-mask and keep it for 30 minutes-1 hour and then wash it off. This helps in fading the scars and tightening the pores.
- One can also use honey in facepacks.
- I sometimes add a little honey to my green tea (a lot of benefits of this combination has been mentioned on the internet but I add honey just for the taste that it lends to the beverage).
- One can also use honey as a healthy substitute to sugar. Though I don’t do this often.
I hope this post helped you, see you soon. Till then stay happy, be positive and live life to the fullest.
- BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA FOR SKINBENEFITS OF ALOE VERA FOR SKIN
- Coconut oil: Benefits for skin & hair
- DIY TINTED LIP BALM
- The ultimate guide to stay healthy & beautiful
Follow me on: