Hola everyone!!! Today I am going to share about the importance of using eye creams. I have just started using an eye cream a couple of weeks back and I would like to share a few things.
WHY TO USE AN EYE CREAM ?
The skin around the eyes is more prone to dryness as it doesn’t produce oil due to lack of oil glands hence is more fragile and quicker to show age.
Squinting and constant movement of the eyes also hasten the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Fluids collect under the eyes and cause puffiness and dark circles. Fine lines and wrinkles come from both sun damage and age. Eye creams can address some of these problems.
Having said that I would add that eye creams aren’t magic you need to be persistent and regular to see the results.
USING A REGULAR MOISTURIZER AS AN EYE CREAM
The skin composing the eye area is significantly thinner than the rest of the face and is much more sensitive to topical products hence moisturizers may cause stinging and burning. A moisturizer would be too oily for the eye area.
The benefit of a cream specifically formulated for the eye area is that it will be less irritating than a typical moisturizer and will be fragrance free. Don’t use harsh products or products that do not suit you on this area. Choose a mild eye cream with herbal formulation.
WHO SHOULD USE AN EYE CREAM ?
People with excessively dry skin, very noticeable dark circles or developing crow’s feet should definitely give it a try.But people who do not face all these issues can also use it as prevention is always better than cure.
Some easily available natural under eye creams:
One can also use vaseline to moisturize the eye area.
For age group 15-20 use a gel-based or water-based eye cream as at this age one just needs to hydrate the eye area. For age group 21-35 use a cream-based or oil-based (especially for dry skin) for treating dark circles, lines, wrinkles, age spots etc.
HOW TO APPLY AN EYE CREAM ?
- Wash your face and hands as your cream will absorb better if you apply it on clean skin.
- Take about pea-sized amount of the cream. Use your ring finger to apply the cream as it has the lightest touch and is less likely to tug or pull at the delicate eye area.
- While applying make sure not to get close to the inner corner, waterline and upper lash line or else your eyes will get watery and irritated. Apply the eye cream atleast an inch away from these areas (the eye cream will be automatically be absorbed by these areas).
- Apply small dots around the eye area and pat the cream (do not rub) in the direction towards your nose. Take care to go all the way around your orbital socket (the bone that surrounds the eye) you can feel it’s circular shape. Eye cream needs to be applied to this entire area.
WHEN TO APPLY AN EYE CREAM ?
Some eye cream are made specifically to use at night. Apply it atleast 15 minutes before going to bed in order to allow your skin to absorb the cream. Some eye creams can be applied in the morning as well as in the evening. These specifications will be mentioned in the packaging itself.
Choose an eye cream that targets your problem area, for example if you have dark circles choose an eye cream that tackles dark circles.
MAINTAINING HEALTHY SKIN
- The ultimate guide to stay healthy & beautiful
- My skincare routine + General things to keep in mind for healthy skin
I hope this post helped you, stay tuned for more.
Follow me on: