Hola everyone!!! You must be pondering over the title, the advise “love yourself” has become as cliché as “say no to drugs”.
Now when I say love yourself, I am in no way asking you to become a narcissist. Self-love is more about accepting yourself the way you are, embracing your flaws.
The moment you start accepting yourself others will follow suit. This might be hard to believe but it is true as I have seen this happen with me. During my teens I suffered from severe acne and acne was a huge blow to my confidence. I used to feel very conscious about it. It seemed as if no one was able to understand what I feel. But the problem was that I was having a hard time accepting myself. The day I embraced myself the way I am everything seemed perfect.
The love that we search for around us has to come from within.
Simple ways to practice self-love:
- Stop comparing yourself. You are perfect with all your flaws. Don’t change yourself to please others.
- Take care of yourself, fill your body with food and drink that nourishes it. Find time to exercise.
- Stop pleasing others, learn to say no. Sometimes saying no doesn’t make you a bad person, it makes you a smart person.
- Be proud of whatever you have achieved.
- Follow your passion.
- Step outside your comfort zone and try something new. The feeling we get when we realize we have achieved something we didn’t know or think we could do before is incredible.
- Steer away from those who make you feel anything less than you are.
- Be positive. If you think positive it reflects in everything around you.
- Try spending time with yourself (sans gadgets). Get in touch with your inner dialogue.
“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
Hope you liked this post, see you soon. Till then stay happy, be positive and love yourself.
Follow me on: