Hey everyone!!! It’s been a long time since I have posted about skincare. Summers are just round the corner, so I am going to share with you 4 super easy and effective ways that I use to get rid of sun tan and sunburn.
- Gram flour, Turmeric & Yogurt: My absolute favorite mask these days. Gram flour cleanses and exfoliates the skin, turmeric has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, yogurt gives a cooling effect plus moisturizes the skin. Mix 1 tablespoon of gram flour with half tablespoon of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt. Apply to the affected areas and leave it for 15-20 minutes before washing it off. This face mask doesn’t leave a yellow hue on my face, but if it does then go ahead and remove the hue with a toner.
- Sandalwood & Rose water: Sandalwood has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Rose water can help reduce the redness of irritated skin. Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with rose water to get a smooth paste and apply this paste on the affected areas. Leave it until it dries and then wash it off. This mask has a cooling effect and soothes the skin. Apply this everyday until you get the desired results.
- Ice cubes: Rubbing an ice cube will reduce the burning and itchiness that often accompany a sunburn. Rub the ice cube (either directly or wrapped in a muslin cloth) on the sunburnt area for a few minutes. Repeat as and when required.
- Aloe vera: Apply aloe vera gel (as a moisturizer) everyday. You can use pure aloe vera gel from a good brand or an aloe vera leaf if available. Aloe vera can treat sunburn effectively, it has wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
NOTE: Don’t scrub the sunburnt area as it will increase the redness. Give it time to heal completely.
- Use a sunscreen everyday (though I don’t apply one).
- Carry an umbrella or wear a hat/scarf to protect your face.
- Wear protective clothing as and when possible. For example: full-sleeved Tshirt.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water to keep yourself hydrated.
I hope this post helped you, stay tuned for more. Till then stay happy, be positive and live life to the fullest.
Follow me on: