Hola everyone!!! Today I am going to share with you some useful tips to protect your skin and hair this holi.
- Opt for full sleeved t-shirts and full length pants.
- Use a good barrier cream before heading out. A high SPF sunscreen usually acts as a good barrier cream. You can also use a cold cream as it is thick and won’t let the color settle on your skin. You can layer it with some petroleum jelly.
- Apply petroleum jelly over the ears, lips and other sensitive skin areas.
- Apply a generous amount of coconut oil to your hair and tie them up in an bun to prevent colors from damaging them.
- Make sure you drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- One can use transparent nail paint (or any nail paint) in order to prevent the ugly color stains. Make sure to paint the skin fold surrounding the nail.
- Try playing with organic/herbal colors. While playing gently dust off the colors whenever you can.
- After playing, gently wash with loads of water and soap (a mild one). You can also use coconut/sesame oil to get rid of the colors. Gently massage the oil and rinse it off using a mild soap. You can also use gram flour if you want to scrub those last color stains. Don’t forget to moisturize your skin afterwards. Also wash your hair with a mild shampoo and follow it up with a conditioner.
Hope this post helped you, stay tuned for more. Wishing you all a very happy holi.
Follow me on: