The internet breaks distance barriers as well as social barriers, the world has never been more connected. We live in a world where “ping” has become an omnipresent background noise, continuously informing us of any notification. As a result of this social involvement many of us rarely have any time alone.
Here are some simple ways to disconnect from social media:
- Eliminate gadgets at least half an hour before you sleep and after you wake up. You should spend the first hour of your day setting your own plans and agendas. Similarly you should spend the last hour of your day preparing to rest your body and mind.
- Use only one device for checking your social media accounts. The more devices you have the more distractions you have to avoid.
- Keep your phone silent (if convenient) so you don’t get notifications every few minutes.
- Go for a walk without your phone.
- Uninstall the social media apps from your phone or logout from social media accounts on your computer, the lack of easy access will keep you from browsing your social media accounts.
I hope you enjoyed this post, stay tuned for more. Till then stay happy, be positive and live life to the fullest.
Follow me on: